Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm Walking On Sunshine

To catch you up as quickly as I can, here goes nothing.

My sister visited last week, cons my son into begging to come back to Tennessee with her and of course after being a stay at home mom for 7 months it didn't take much begging. I flew in for a friends wedding on Friday, witnessed them say, "I do" on Saturday and have been enjoying the company of family and friends for a few days. C is with her Dada and doing great.

So, I haven't flown since the latest security checks began. I spent the whole 30 minute ride debating "aggressive" pat down or full body scan? Our airport "opted" out of the new security features which I didn't know was even possible. I felt as though I was walking on sunshine as I glided through the airport with my ONE carry on, purse and THAT'S it! No diaper bag, baby on hip or toddler at my heels! I must admit it was quite nice only removing one pair of shoes to get through security. I am sure you are all interested which I would choose full body scan or pat down...After two children the scan would be too cruel, especially if my stretch marks showed up. Everyone is so perturbed about the eye candy the security guys are getting...come on peeps! The poor guys are wanting to scream, "Don't flatter yourselves so much folks! We aren't too impressed with what we are seeing!"

Ok enough about that...Have I mentioned how much I love weddings!? I mean I just LOVE them. This wedding was one of my favorites. Small, intimate, beautiful and original details that I won't forget. This friend is one of my childhood friends that has been through so much. I kept telling myself I will not be a dork and cry. When I looked around to find a crying dork to laugh at I then realized everyone was crying and my tears were released in much company. Great is thy faithfulness serenaded the waterworks and my favorite lines of from the officiant, "May the devil stay out and the Holy Ghost stay in!" "Well, hallelujah for what I feel in my soul right now!" Gotta love Kevin Wallace...one of my favorite speakers! I also loved how the bride and groom allowed their son and daughter use the aisle runner as a running track/slip n' slide. We were totally entertained! May the Lord bless them and keep them always!

No comments: