Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

My awesome, $400 camera (5+ years old) is done. The battery clasp broke so the battery cover is holding batteries on with the strongest tape you can find but considering my camera takes 4 AA batteries its still in many cases not strong enough. Also the USB port isn't working which is preventing me from uploading photos. But that's ok right? Because you guys read this blog because my words are so profound. Surely, none of you just peek in to see the little ones, ha!

Anyways, this Thanksgiving was really great. We decided to stay put this year because life is just so busy and sometimes the holidays can become more hassle than enjoyment when you try traveling ESPECIALLY with two little ones. Both kids were wonderful and we joined church family at our pastor's house. It was a peaceful day and I must brag on myself for making my grandmother's french silk pie in edible white chocolate cups. YUM! They were soooo good that my stomach was upset after eating them.

My son had a little playmate at their house and Cola was so peaceful. She fell fast asleep on our pastor's chest. It's always nice when my arms get a break! Dalen told my dad all they fed us was "Cheetos and butter" which was far from the truth! HA! He is too funny!

Maybe it's because I have two kids now but has anyone noticed just HOW MANY toy commercials are on TV? It really puts the pressure on us parents, huh? After every DVD commercial or toy commercial Dalen says can you buy for that me? My answer-probably not bud. lol

This year I am super thankful for a great opportunity to be in ministry with great people, at a wonderful church in sunny Orlando! I am also thankful for friends who have stuck by me even through the distance. I am thankful for family who loves my kids and who cheer us on. I am thankful for kids in good health who make me a better person. And of course for my great husband who is my biggest fan!

No comments: