Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Next Best Thing

Don't you ever feel like we are always on to the next best thing without ever even embracing what's right here in front of us? I have to admit there is something admirable about the one who is always striving for something bigger, better and to succeed more but I want to be the one who at the same time embraces the current greatness in my life.

I will openly confess I am guilty of wanting so many things in life to change or to be better and sometimes we focus so much on tomorrow that we forget what's here today. As I am mindful of that, I thought I would do a post of all of the things I am perfectly content with right now. Yes, in the future some things may change, expand, or no longer be a part of my life but for now I am not done embracing the greatness they bring to my life at this very moment. Here are a few of them...



1. I am perfectly fine with my family of four. Maybe in the future we will expand but I do not have to make that decision today or even tomorrow so for now I am embracing just the four of us.

2. I am through pressuring myself to go back to work. Our finances could be better and I am keeping my eyes and ears open but I refuse to pressure myself so bad about getting a job that I can't even enjoy staying home with my kids.

3. I really hope for us to be in a house soon. But I really have to aknowledge the wonderful location of our apartment, how quiet it is and that the maitnenace men do EVERYTHING. Remember they even removed a snake from our wall??

4. I can't lie and say I am content with our car and having only one car but I would be so wrong for not mentioning that only having one car has helped us be more punctual and better at time management. And considering it has no working radio our family gets a lot of talk time. It's almost as good as a family having dinner together at the dinner table-just on wheels. HA! I think we will remember these great things forever.

So there are a few things I am embracing right now. What are you struggling to be content with?

Just remember sometimes the next best thing is NOW.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I think you definitely started with some good things. And yes, thank the Lord for someone else who removes the snake!