Thursday, June 9, 2011

Studious




These pics were just taken this past Tuesday after church and I feel like they look studious so it works perfectly with this blog. This post is all about the student in me and hopefully in you as well. Because life is full of lessons when we choose not to learn, we choose not to grow.


When I said, "I do" my husband and I held a prayer in our hearts that we would always be teachable. It takes humility, which is the ultimate pride-killer, it takes admitting I am wrong and never boasting when I am right because just when you boast about your "rightness" there is something hiding around the corner you didn't really know in it's fullness.


God has really answered our prayer. He sent us two kids who I swear have taught me more than I have taught them.


So here is what I have learned about learning. Is there such a thing?


You must always study God's word as a student, even if you are a teacher. When you study as a student you are open to learning something new. Don't be intimated to learn new things or see things differently or to challenge your existing beliefs. This leaves room for new revelation.


I am learning sooo much about conflict. How to deal with it, how to detect it without someone saying there is a problem and most importantly when to walk away. I've learned that when you are confronting conflict to not say a word unless you KNOW, assuming will get you in big BIG trouble. It maximizes the problem and produces even more problems but when you know the resolution is maximized.

Most importantly when you are dealing with spiritual warfare don't expend your energy conflicting with others around you, you are a fighting a battle that was won a long time ago. End result-WE WIN-EVERY TIME.


Today is absolutely useless if I haven't learned. Learning prepares me for tomorrow and prevents me from running in a vicious circle of repetitive mistakes.


Sometimes you can't learn without admitting you were wrong. Listen, I make mistakes everyday and I hate admitting them but when I do I'm coming clean that there is something left for me to learn. I don't know the god of second chances but I know THE God of a million chances rather well. God's grace is rather apparent when we learn.

No comments: