Monday, June 28, 2010

Hiding Place

Today I found myself asking these questions...

Will I ever leave the mall playground without my two year old having a meltdown?
Will my hands ever be empty?
Will both kids nap at the same time in THEIR own bed or crib?
Will I ever get to sleep in again?
Is it totally overboard to ask for a 14 day vacation on a cruise ship for my birthday?
On days where I do absolutely everything I can, will it EVER be enough?

It's one of those days where you are just mentally exhausted from "doing". Doing laundry, rocking babies, changing diapers, bathing kids...all those things that just catch up with you at the end of the day and then to top it off you realize that smell you have been smelling isn't a dirty diaper its YOU because you haven't even had time to shower! And let me just clarify I NEVER go without a shower but I was honestly so busy today I didn't even remember.

You are going to think I am kidding but I have been taking a pillow into my walk in closet and laying in the floor just to have quiet. I never tell ANYone where I am going I only spell it in fear that Dalen will figure out where "somewhere" is. I have done this about 5 times and its great. I make phone calls, sit, pray, cry and I came to factual realization that my husband wears a whole lot of brown and my side of the closet is in much need of some new additions.

I try to be as selfless as possible but honestly do you really lose your right to peeing in peace or a decent conversation with a friend when you have kids? I think I have. Thank God for my new found Hiding Place.

No comments: