Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Life

I am convinced SOMEONE sent my life a letter that must have read...

Dear Life,

Humor Megan for a day!

Sincerely,
Anonymous Sender

My life didn't write back it, just decided to let me live this day. It is only noon and I feel as thought its midnight. Mario had to go out of town today (which I usually don't tell b-c you never know what kind of freak is stalking your blog) but since he has blasted his Twitter and Facebook with updates about being in Georgia I guess it really doesn't matter.

Our day started at 6:45 a.m. to take him to the airport. I know most people get up WAAAAY earlier on a daily basis so I am NOT complaining. Dalen used potty, ate a piece of peanut butter bread and was ready to see planes. Cola....NOT so much. The princess who always has the royal smile was NOT smiling and woke up with a horribly stuffy nose. Darn teeth!

My husband then informs me we have a snake outside of our front door and it's "pretty long" but it's up high on the wall of our apartment so "it will be fine". Can I just assure you it would NOT have been "fine" or even slightly "ok" if he weren't traveling 9 hours away. I just kept telling myself it will slither away.

We made it through I-4 morning rush hour traffic, go through the toll b-c we don't have exact change and no one was working, pulled into the terminal, kissed hubby good bye and then had to search for a gas station that would give me change for a dollar so I could make it through the toll. I have no clue where I am , where I am going, Dalen is singing at the top of his lungs and I accidentally go through the E Pass line. Am I going to get a ticket?

I get back to our exit realize I left the laptop, run up to the door, ignore snake STILL on our wall, go to the bank by the church and then get a text that my babysitter is in the ER and can't help. As always my spirit and flesh begin to duke it out pretty intensely and I decide my spirit wins and I successfully maintain my peace. I'm not sure how tomorrow's service will go but I do KNOW God will make a way for me to get everything done with the kids in tow. I drive to the mall (which isn't even open except for the old people that walk) let Dalen play on the playground, make a call to maintenance and kindly ask if they remove snakes from walls and I got a "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (yes he really held it out that long), hmmmm, well, ugh...I've never heard of a snake on the wall of one of our units." Then I inform him it's on the outside not inside and he acted as though I only asked him cut the grass. Of course I return home and HE'S still there! Just hanging on the wall! The wall right behind me! Yeah, if I let that thought linger long enough I get that "my skin is crawling off my bones" feeling.

Surprisingly enough I have kept my calm and my peace. God is good! But just in case my life is reading I'd like to leave her a message...

Dear Life,

I'm humored. You can clock out now and resume with your daily doings.

Sincerely,
Humored Hood

No comments: