Monday, October 11, 2010

With a touch of sentiment...

Whew! What a week! The kids and me took off to visit Tennessee for my friend's wedding shower. We got to enjoy seeing our family as well. I've mentioned before my parents moved into a beautiful new house and before they moved they got went through sooo much stuff they had. My sisters and I always give my mom a hard time about how much "junk" she has and that she should throw more things away. This trip I really got to open my eyes and enjoy the touch of sentiment that is on so many things my kids enjoy at her house.






This table and benches used to be in my room. I got it when I was about 5 and my mom repainted it yellow to match her new breakfast room. She also had two cushions made that fit on it but they are removed when Dalen and Livi eat. When I was growing up it was always brown and I told my mom to sell it in a yard sale when they moved. I am so glad she didn't! Dalen and Livi eat there while all of the adult eat at the big table.



This was MY crib. Yep, you read right. I used to sleep in that crib. Don't worry when my mom reassembled it a few years ago she bought some new screws and parts but this is it! I must say I when I looked over and saw Cola sleeping sound in the same crib I used to snooze away in I was really moved. Does this mean I am getting old??



Dalen asked me to read this book to him and when he handed it to me I was literally taken back, taken back to like 4 years old! This book was MINE! I love that it still had the price tag on it which says it only cost $0.85!

So I have to give it to you mom the "junk" is now something a little more. It's peices of me and peices of you and now peices of my kids! Love it!

No comments: