Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Patches

When I graduated from high school one of our volunteer staff members that helped in the youth group made me a patchwork quilt. It was made of beautiful, bright colors and I absolutely LOVED her! I took her everywhere.



I took her to the hospital when I delivered Cola.



Dalen took his 1st nap with me under this blanket.



In the summer when I was pregnant and entirely too hot for her to lay on top of me, I laid on top of her...and waited and waited for Dalen to come.



We took her outside when we used to have our dogs and watched them run.

This blanket left the bed with me in the morning and came to the living room with me while I put on my make up, watched TV, talked with my husband. I think you get the point, we did everything with this blanket. When we moved she disappeared. We think she got left on the UHAUL but after calling and calling trying to track her down we gave up.

I constantly complained about not having her. I wondered who had her now at night, I always wished out loud she was still here. Little did I know Mario had contacted the same woman who made my old one and got her to make me a new one!



There she is! Isn't she pretty! I was literally moved to tears when I saw her! I am excited to make new memories with this quilt and hope to never lose her!

No comments: