Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mama said there'd be days like this...

It's 10:38 p.m.. We all know we I am not a p.m. poster but I must add another theory to my life...if you have laughed at your day, cried several times, yelled at least one person, asked God to forgive you then there is only one left to do-BLOG! I don't even know where to begin-so I won't. This day has been absolutely horrible. That's a start. Sometimes the details of it all just aren't ready to be re-lived but I think this is a great post b-c it's a compilation of the many things I have learned on bad days. These did not all come to me b-c of today but a lot of them did. 1. It's way better to cry alone than to cry in the presence of someone who should care but clearly does not. 2. When I talk about the somewhat petty components that make up a bad day like our entire family had to dress in the dark b-c of a power outage (yes, that really happened today) and you begin to quote statistics about how many countries don't even have power that does not make me feel guilty, only terribly annoyed and slightly infuriated. 3. Whoever said when it rains it pours...they were a genius. 4. Most of my bad days are related back to a known need not being met by someone I know and care for. 5. It should be a crime, absolute crime to expect a mother of two to have the entire family fed, dressed and to church in a thunderstorm. I'm sorry I love God and love church but seriously it's nearly impossible to be in a good mood after weathering a storm with a kid by hand and baby on a hip WHILE BALANCING IN HEELS! Yeah, take that to the circus! 6. The sun will not come out tomorrow until the rain clouds of today finish clearing. In other words, sometimes a new day means new problems in addition to the ones you never dealt with today. Be confrontational and get it over with. 7. What I want most in life is to be heard. If I call you on a bad day I probably don't want free therapy, advice, to be condemned for actually being human and feeling emotions due to crappy events, I probably just want you to listen. Oh, and if I talk really loud and emphasize a really dramatic event that really has me going GASP really loud and throw in a few OMGs just so I feel like SOMEONE actually relates to the crappiness of my day. 8. On bad days I rarely feel sad. I feel mad. Mad at too many people who aren't me. Why do I tend to be very responsible in life but refuse to take responsibility for what I could have done better to make the day go smoother?? Ok, now I feel like I can sleep.

No comments: