Thursday, March 3, 2011

Never Say Never

Didn't you always vow to never say, "Because I said so," to your kids or promise to never make your daughter wear bows, frilly socks or panty hose? I'm sure, if you are anything like me, you swore when you got married you would ONLY wear Victoria's Secret panties and never lose your pre-baby body. Then of course, I must remember looking at those college graduates who were nearing the BIG 3-0, still living at home and waiting tables and doing nothing with that expensive degree and declaring, "That would never be!" I remember occaisonally running into the stressed out stay at home mom from church and thinking, "Why would someone do that to theirself? Stay home all day?? NEVER!"

But here I am *arms wide open, big cheesy grin, hair a mess, face bare* and I realize how nieve, unprepared, ignorant I was to have ever made those statements. I stay home with the kids, my daughter wears bows (NOT the big ones and I haven't ever made her wear the frilly socks-torture!), I wish I could say my underwear were brand new and only from a pink striped bag but shamefully that's not the case. I think about Psychology a lot but in a professional setting its not been used much.

I'm just curious....are there any other people that said never this or never that and find that always is more the case?

1 comment:

lindsay rae said...

I have DEFINITELY learned that just as soon as you say "I'd never ____" -you better watch yourself because a test is on it's way. One of the biggest lessons I've been taught over the past few years is that you never know what you'd do in a situation until you find yourself there.