Sunday, July 3, 2011

The 4th

Have I ever mentioned that the 4th of July is my favorite holiday? Of course I am proud to be an American but is it horrible to admit that the fireworks really make it my favorite? I have to mention the Southern in me that just can't help but get dreamy eyes and wide smiles over the thought of sweet tea and potato salad, poolside, with the ones you love. I LOVE the fourth! I love the summer feel in the air, the unity that is so strong amongst us all....I love it! One confession I have to make is that I have never spent a fourth anywhere but in the South (that I can remember). I am kind of wondering if it's any different in other parts of the states.

Well, on to funnier things. I have thought a lot on my trips I was able to take this summer and I keep thinking of the HILARIOUS one liners that came about either from myself or others. Here they are...feel FREE (in observance of the 4th) to laugh away!

-My husband on a very strange looking individual in South Beach.
What was that? A man with dodgeball sized implants??

-Me on being adventerous, then I realized others at the table (who weren't my friends) were listening.
Everything's worth trying once, except for Meth.

-My friend on the effects of cat naps. *Imagine in the most Southern accent ever imagined.
If I take a cat nap, I will be ill as a hornet.

-After seeing pics of Wyoming.
If God ever called me to Wyoming I'm pretty sure I'd fake deaf.
My husband's response-And I'm pretty sure He would know!

No comments: