Monday, April 21, 2008

Fancy Smancy


This is technically my first blog. The before this one was more like a intro...so here goes nothing. Well, obviously you all know I have a son. You may not know that he does go to work with me. I work at my family's business, A Moment In Time, as a certified wedding planner. At first, it was amazing! Toting Dalen to work with me and being with him all the time was great. Now, he is starting to try to crawl and he is SUPER active. It's making things tough! I took it upon myself to look into Mother's Day Out programs to maybe be able to actually work my whole shift and still allow Dalen to be a baby. My first choice was First Baptist's program. I have had several girlfriends work there and my cousin is over the program. Their program is full and it doesn't run in the summer. I was super bummed! I have heard GREAT things about their program. I found another at a Methodist church in town...I know NOTHING about this program. It's SUPER scarry to send your 7 month old to a place you know nothing about and to people you don't know. After calling every church in town to check out programs I realized something....I think "Mother's Day Out" is just a fancy smancy name for day care! I don't like the feeling of sending Dalen to day care....at all! I mean Mother's Day Out just seems so carefree, great and fun. Day care is the place you hear of kids leaving with cold's, cuss words, and stranger Joe's kid's newest bad habits. So here I am...Mother's Day Out or Mother's Day In at work trying to juggle work and baby...not an easy combo.

No comments: