Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"Baby" Weight

Lately, the mirror has been my WORST enemy. I barely gained any weight at all with Dalen. I lost ten pounds from being so sick and gained that back and then an additional ten pounds. Ever since about mid October it seems like I have packed on pound after pound. Its been amazing how fast my body has gone downhill. I have more stretch marks than I did when I gave birth. Its really frustrating and confusing. When this topic comes up around friends they always say things like, "Megan! Give yourself a break! You just had a baby." But now seven months later that just is no longer in the equation. I need to stop being lazy and stop listening to people make excuses for myself. Yes, I did not too long ago give birth but I still eat for two and never take into consideration what or how much I am eating.
I guess this is really surfacing the most because on Sunday a very considerate and wise and intelligent girl (excuse my sarcasm) asked me when my next baby was due. Fighting back tears in front of about 12 young adults I said there is no next baby. I am not expecting. Maybe that rude and ignorant question is the drive I should use to motivate myself into losing all the weight I can. I do know I want to lose about 30-40 lbs. so that I can be super skinny and get pregnant again and not run into this problem again. Oh and if you haven't noticed there is a moral to this personal and embarrassing story.....NEVER, EVER, EVER ask a woman if she is expecting especially if you don't know her or haven't heard pregnancy rumors. Looks can be decieving.

PS...these are my thoughts. I am not writing this to get compliments on my body so please don't feel obligated to do so.

1 comment:

admin said...

Hey! Would love for you to check out our new community blog for Faith Connection Church in Cleveland, TN.