Saturday, May 17, 2008

POOR Baby

What an eventful week!  On Tuesday, Dalen was left a babysitter (Adrienne Hart) while I ventured out to Whitestone Inn in Kinston, TN for a marketing meeting.  He had been a little stuffy before leaving and throughout the day I guess he just kept getting worse.  His last doctor's appointment the Doc concluded he has allergies and possibly asthma.  The medicine they put him on has never given him relief.  By Thursday, I had had it.  To see your 7 month old son in pain and fevered (101.5) is just not something a rookie mom can take.  I was in contact with the nurses at Dalen's pediatrician office all day.  Being that he gets this "colds" or "allergies"  that seem to linger and not get better, I know what to do about it.  The nurses were repeating themselves all day.  
After, holding a fever all day they wanted Dalen brought to the E.R.  I was pretty ticked.  I was in contact with the nurses all day.  I was trying to prevent going to the E.R.  But I followed their instructions.  After vital signs, a little bit of poking and an x-ray we reached a verdict.  Dalen was in desperate need of a breathing treatment and antibiotic.  He also has an ear infection in each ear.  The right one is more infected than the other.  I must say he is a pretty good sport.  He barely whimpered through the whole process.  
After taking a few days off and keeping him in the house, he is feeling a little better.  Has has cut one new tooth on the bottom and almost cut his first on the top!  I must display my bragging rights....Dalen also said mama for the first time.  Oh yea, you read right!  I have a video to prove (will post pics of hospital visit and video on Monday!).  Please keep him in your prayers. 
The same night my sister Meredith was admitted to Bradley Memorial oh, exscuse me....Sky Ridge (all you Clevelanders get that sarcasm I'm sure.  She was really dehydrated and after pumping her with fluids she was good to go and Olivia was fine.  What a night!

No comments: