Monday, May 5, 2008

Shiner

It looks like he's holding on for dear life. I don't know if it was in fear of falling again or in fear of my driving :)
I don't think my family has ever been exposed to such an active seven month old. Especially now that Dalen is crawling. He is here, there and everywhere. He can not be left any where up high like a couch or bed because he rolls over so quickly. After leaving S.C. at 5 a.m. on Saturday, I was exhausted. Mario stayed an extra night. I decided to leave Dalen with my mom overnight to get some rest. My phone was ringing by 7:30 a.m. for me to come get him. He had slept well...of course. My sister volunteered to take him to the nursery while she attended church and I played hookie. After church she planned to keep him throughout the afternoon.


At about 12:30 I got a call. I was informed wiggle worm had rolled off the couch and hit his head pretty good on the coffee table. My sister is nearly 8 months pregnant and I think it scared pretty good. So I was off to be mom to the rescue and with a small bruise and and little irrritability Dalen is just fine.


It was his first real accident, so it was a bit scarry but with babies these kinds of accidents are inevitable. I know my family is TOTALLY responsible with Dalen. These things just happen. Gran asked Dalen, "Did you get your first shiner?" Grump informed there would be many more to come.

No comments: