Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Yesterday was PERFECT. I mean literally perfect. I have not had a day like yesterday in a long, long time. Mario was up with the baby at 7 a.m. as I slept in. When waking up, I was being poked in the eye by 2 cards Mario left on his pillow for me. One was from him and the other from Dalen (which he signed himself). Dalen was in a great mood...life always. It was off to church with butterflies in my stomach because Mario had an afternoon planned but wouldn't tell me what we would be doing. Service seemed to drag on forever even though Pastor Maloney preached the shortest message EVER. We were out by 11:45!

Before I knew it Mario and I were pulling into the Bald Headed Bistro for lunch. If you haven't ever been there you must go. The food is AMAZING. My mom kept Dalen so that Mario and I could go out just us two. I am not sure that has happened since he has been born. It was an amazing day. There is something about being a mom. There is no greater feeling of fulfillment or love. I love being a mom. I want tons of kids and I praying the Lord will make it financially possible for us to have as many as we want. This mother's day was great.

CONCEPTION

Just a little side note. Every year our pastor has all of the moms in the congregation stand up so that they are recoginzed. Last year was my first mother's day...even though I was pregnant I was a mom. Something that drives me and Mario WILD is that as Christians we are all gung ho about being pro-life. However, when I stood last year for being a mom all kinds of people said stuff like you aren't a mom yet. If I would have aborted Dalen though that thought would change instantly! You are a parent at the time of conception. Just as there is a baby at the time of conception! Let's not contradict ourselves pro-lifers. To all you pregos out there you are a mom already. You have a responsibilty to the baby in your womb. I challenge you to get lost in the thought of your new role. Its truly amazing!

No comments: