Thursday, December 11, 2008

Friends of Gingerbread

On Monday, Dalen and I were invited to a friend's house to make gingerbread houses. My friend is Crystal Bennet (Madden). She has a little girl names Charis who is hysterical! I was super excited about this outing for many reasons.
(1) I am 24 and I have never made a gingerbread house! I know, its a shame!
(2) Crystal and I have been friends forever and I was so excited to see how our two crazy kids would get along.
(3) I don't get to see Dalen interact with other kids often and I just love seeing his personality come out around others.
We were greeted with a Christmas present for Dalen from Charis (super sweet). We ate pizza and the kids ran bonkers until we made them come help with the houses. Crystal accidentally broke their roof in half early on in the process. Charis was NOT happy but once she realized she could eat the candy that hadn't been used I think she became ok with it. I was pretty pleased with how my house turned out. Dalen totally trashed Charis's room and she was sweet about it and did well sharing all of her toys. We definately need to get them together again. Here are a few pics from the night.

Getting ready to build.

Our finished house.

Friends forever....literally. Dalen looks REALLy happy about it, huh? haha

























1 comment:

Abigail said...

Precious pictures!!! Love them!