Thursday, December 11, 2008

PREGNANCY IS MY WORST ENEMY

I have been asked if I am pregnant twice since I had Dalen.  When I think of that and fact that I was sick as a dog for 5 months of my pregnancy I can't help but to think pregnancy is my worst enemy. Especially after what happened last night.
I was working at the lovely Belk when a young girl (probably 18) approaches the register.  SHe is holding a tiny blue outfit for a newborn baby boy.  This girl is not a pound under 350 lbs.  A lady speaking to her leaves her by saying bye and that she must bring that little baby by church so she can see her.  Of course I wanted to make conversation but you just never know with someone that size....are they expecting or did they already have the baby.  I ask the baby's name and she replies Aden and informs me she has been watching this outfit to go on sale because she wants it for her baby boy.  Ok, her and the lady she was talking to were totally talking like he was already here!  But stupid me....forgot my own advice that you never assume anything concerning pregnancy.  So I ask how old is he?  She says well I'm only 6 months pregnant so he will be here in 3 months.  Cant you tell by how big my stomach is?!  I look at her stomach which honestly is just hanging with everything else and I just smiled.  Now I know how easy it is to see something and think its something else.  Hopefully I won't be asked if I'm pregnant again but if it happens maybe I could consider a little patience with the person.

No comments: