Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 2 from Day 3s perspective

Well, I would have updated about our toddlerless week on day 2 but I went to bed at about 9:30 and my awesome husband let me sleep until 10 am. I thought I was over my juvenile obssession with sleep but I have come to the realization that in the last few years I have only supressed the longing to sleep all the time because it has become less and less of an option in my life. So here is to my still alive and well love for sleep....CHEERS!

Yesterday we were gone literally all day. I FINALLY found Dalen a school...SCORE! It is a Christian school and totally organized with a really nice facility that reminded me of his school back home. He will start in September when he comes home from Tennessee. We also went car shopping (with no intensions of buying) to get a little guidance of what kind of payment we will get approved for and what kind of down payment we will need. I guess maybe I saw a ray, just a ray of light at the end of the tunnel.

Dalen is having so much fun in Tennessee. I am not sure if he has even asked for us one time which makes me so very proud that he is being so independent and it gives me peace that I can rest assured knowing he is homesick. I told my dad to be extra sensitive if he got teary at bedtime since he is in a new house (my parents moved) and my dad said, "I ain't raising you no mama's boy!" For those of you who know my dad you are probably laughing and for all of the others he is a good man...somewhere down in there lol.

Today we walked to the car with our diaper bag, baby in her carrier, and loaded suitcase (my husband is on the road again) and my husband looked at me and said, "Isn't it crazy that at one time we thought one kid was a lot?" I responded, "Yes, crazy and nieve." You just don't think that one more kid is going to be that much different but it SOOO is. It makes me so sad to see the many expressions C makes and I know that I miss them everyday b-c I am just too preoccupied.

Every morning I have been woken up with soft sqeals only to find the prettiest little girl smiling from ear to ear just waiting for someone to lift her out. My eyelids are usually poked by Dalen's finger with him screaming, "Mom, I need a snack!" He surely keeps us on our toes.

No comments: