Saturday, August 28, 2010

Reunited





We are reunited again! D did amazing away from home and I am told he didn't ask about us once. I am not sure whether to rejoice or cry?? I was home just long enough to see my stylist and get an inch cut off my hair, be reminded that Walgreens is the most happening Friday night place in Cleveland, enjoy my family, see a few friends and have some awesome pictures taken.

My friend Cortney Wheeler just recently began a new business venture taking pictures. She is extremely patient and creative and I just LOVE the ones we have seen so far. If you are looking for a photographer check her out on Facebook at Cortney Wheeler Photography.

The airport is becoming more doable everytime. Although I am not a fan of traveling with two kids alone through the airport, I feel like it's getting easier and easier everytime. I don't have any funny stories about our airport trip this time. One older woman did ask to hold Cola. Yes, psycho. Our conversation went a little like this...

Lady: Here. Let me hold her. (Arms stretched Cola's way.)
Me: Uhh, NO.
Lady: (Totally offended and shocked as if I should let her put her hands on my child.) Well, I am right here and I am safe.
Me: Well, I don't know that! I do NOT pass my children off into the hands of people I don't know and I have NEVER met a good mom who would do that.

I may just start my own t-shirt line for moms. Some of the phrases may read...

*NO, you may NOT hold my child.
*Just because my child is smiling doesn't mean I want to have a 30 minute conversation with you about their name, weight and age.
*Hands Off Stranger

I just still haven't figured out why people think its ok to ask to hold children they have never met. And I just love the brave ones that try to get an attitude when you say no. PUH-LEASE!

C will be 7 months in just a few days and D will be 3 in a few weeks. I can't believe it.

1 comment:

lindsay rae said...

once, when ben was about 2 months old, i went totally against my better judgment and went to walmart just to get out of the house (i have since, never been that desperate). well, ben was what we call a colicky DISASTER of a child and screamed, um, all the time. so, i was in line, checking out...paying for the few items i could fit under ben's stroller. and ben was, of course, screaming. i had a blanket over the handle of his car seat b/c he was so little and i was trying to avoid as many germs as possible...anyway- while i was paying a lady lifted UP the blanket and stuck his pacifier in HIS MOUTH! i about fell on the ground with heart failure. i just stuttered "don't touch him!" and she was all kinds of offended. i felt so violated. so add to the t-shirt list, "paws off the paci."