Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day One

Well bloggers, blog readers, snoopers...I am officially toddlerless. Little Dalen flew with me to Tennessee today so that he could spent an entire week with my family. I then boarded the flight that took off just 25 minutes after we landed and came back to Orlando where I was welcomed by my husband and sleeping baby.

I have to admit that was totally overwhelmed by the thought that Lady has been here for half of a year and we have never really been able to indulge in her like we did with Dalen. I am missing Dalen but I am enjoying watching this baby like a hawk with no distractions.

I kissed Dalen's little cheek goodbye, checked in and celebrated an hour flight all by myself by devouring an entire bag of Garden Salsa Sun Chips and I have to shamefully admit I didn't feel guilty that I didn't share not even one! I requested the seat closest to the front and was assigned to the front row and had it all to myself! This is my little secret...when you are on the front row you are the last to board and first to exit. In other words you spend the least amount of time on a crowded plane. One older man walked passed and asked are you going to have that entire row by yourself, I smiled and responded I surely hope so. This was my nice way of saying don't you even get any ideas of asking to be moved, this row has my name all over it and God wrote there himself. Haha...I am such a sweetie, huh??

We got home and I cleaned my plate quickly and joined the baby for a 2 1/2 hour nap. Yes, you read that right hate me now, envy me later! I woke up only to find her butt straight up in the air and her feet gracefully crossed at the ankles. It was one of those moments where you just want to devour the stillness of the moment and observe everything and I did. I realized in that moment that this little gal IS strong enough to get up on her knees and therefore she COULD crawl at any moment.

Tonight I saw Eat Pray Love. This movie is a MUST SEE! I LOVED it and it is a story about balance and the lessons we learn without it. It was almost eerie and strange that the movie was about that because I had been thinking about some of the major themes of the story all day.

Why is it that we allow time, stress, work and setbacks rob us of enjoying the love looking at us everyday? Today I realized that constantly love is reaching for me to embrace it back by simply taking it all in. May it be from today on that I never see my baby smile without enjoying the warmth I feel in my heart or never let it be that I don't stop long enough to be entertained by my hilarious toddler. Embrace love, it is always reaching.

So here I am, wet hair wrapped in a towel, baby fast asleep, and with my sweet husband sitting across from me as I embrace love. I find myself giving more thanks when my arms are fully wrapped around love.

What will day two hold??

No comments: