Saturday, August 14, 2010

Morning Madness

It is 5 a.m.. The house is quiet and I hear an occaisonal deep breath taken by my son, who is somehow now asleep on the couch. Little Lady decided to play the "I can't find my passy and squeel until someone comes to my rescue" game and after that I was fully awake.

After updating my blog with the briefest blog ever, I realized how much I haven't blogged about.

* I was a volunteer for VBS. Actually, Mario and I volunteered to be "crew leaders" for 5th and 6th graders. I am NOT kidding by the end of the week I felt as though I had been hit by train and ran over by a bus. JUST the year we come on board our church has the greatest response to VBS ever-a total of 92 kids. Guess who had the largest group?? Yep, us. 25 preteens with 'tudes. By Friday Mario had left the country (seriously) and the other helper I was supposed to have got grounded which left me with 25 kids alone and I had to get a pie in the face because my kids won the offering contest. I am certain there will be some extra jewels in my crown.

* Our last visit to TN was for my friend's wedding and Dalen spent a lot of time with his super aunts. My middle sister let him come over to swim and challenged him to swim to "Mets-i-toe" (Mexico). Since then I have been introducing him to places all around the world via internet (haha) and he is really finding an interest in "places". This was his conversation with his Auntie just a few days ago.

D: Hey. You got a passport?
M: A passport??
D: Yep, I'm going to Posa Rica and we are going to drink Margaritas.

Wow. I can't even remember how the Margarita part was learned but this is just hilarious. This was his conversation with his Papa just a few days ago.

D: Papa, where's your passport??
P: Passport?? What do you know about passports?
D: Going to Bangladesh.
P: You ain't going to no Bangladesh boy!
D: YES I AM! (sincerely mad)

My Dad gets me on the phone and asks how in the world D knows about B and I do what my parents did to me my entire life...I answer the question with a question. "What do you think I do all day, sit and don't teach him anything?"

* Cola is JUST about to crawl. I mean she is SOOOO there its not even funny. Dalen gets sooo impatient with her and eventually snatches her by the wrists and drags her across the carpet. I will put a toy in front of her and she will squeel and just kick away and then get frustrated when she realizes she isn't actually moving. She wore her first pigtails this week and I must say she was the cutest little piggy ever. Dalen even told her, "Wow, sissy girl you look boo-tiful with your curly bows."

* I had my first illness here in Florida. I had the worst UTI one could ever imagine and strep throat. Try knocking that with two little ones. I did get through it with the help of a natural doctor here in town who is actually know all over the US. Although his process of dianosis was a little strange I must say the guy is totally legit and loves God. It was pretty cool for his nurse to come in and tell him of a patient who didn't have Cancer afterall he clapped and gave thanks to God right in front of all of us.

* And the update you have all been waiting for I am sure...I have 16 pounds left to lose and I will be the weight I was when I got pregnant with D. I am so proud of myself for developing self-control and taking one day at a time. I have DEF realized I will probably struggle with my weight forever but I know the root of my problem now.

And that's all for now.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I'm so glad you blogged. I've missed these adventures!!! I love that Dalen is learning countries (and speaking in tongues apparently...) AND BIG PROPS on your weight loss adventure! You should be PROUD! =) love and miss you.