Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So fresh and clean

Laundry.

It's one of those words I could type and press publish and it could tell an entire story, explain my mood better than any adjective and be one of the most relatable blogs I've ever written.

There are heaping mounds of it everywhere. Once the dirty pile is diminishing the clean pile begins to build an empire in need of sorting and folding and once they are sorted and folded then they have to be put away or hung up. And once all of that is done somehow the dirty pile has already dominated it's little (or in our case rather large) corner.

I found myself standing over the washer watching the water spiral down over a hefty load of colored clothes and I begin to think, "How can I make laundry stop or at least not do it so often??" I realized I'd have to move to a nudist colony to eliminate it completely. Totally, out of the question.

Maybe it's laziness or maybe I'm starting to realize it doesn't really matter, but when my son insists he wants to run around in his undies I no longer argue. I immediately exhale and think that's one less shirt and pair of shorts I have to wash, fold and put away! And don't you just love summer!? The season where socks are totally forgotten! Bring out the flip flops!

And then of course there are the entire days by the pool where you only use your bathing suit a towel and pajamas after you shower. So maybe I should just move somewhere where it's summer all the time!

Gotta love the cute sundresses with the built in bras. Any dress line that makes built in panties? Could you imagine everything you need all in one peice of clothing!? That would be amazing!

And I'm hoping only moms are reading this because they are the only ones that would understand going to those desperate measures just to illiminate some of the laundry!

No comments: