Thursday, November 19, 2009

2010 Just Say No-Part II

I took this picture at the Hamilton Place playground on Saturday. I wish you could see a clear shot of how terrified Dalen was, once he climbed all the way to the top of this dog. He absolutely insisted he do it all alone but once he saw how high up he actually was he began to cry and insist I help him down.

Since I have already been getting my feet wet concerning my Just Say No campaign, this is a little how I have felt. Like I am too high up and saying, "No" leaves me with no way back down. I have never in my life-EVER-had a hard time being decisive or confident in the decision making department. I guess it's just taking me a long time to realize I have way to much I value. Of course, friends and family come first but I have realized I think I value more than I do. Lately I have been asking myself why do you value this event or that outing and I have can't come up with a valid reason I decide right then and there that I don't go or participate.

I have also realized that I lack priorities. Nothing in my life has value and I feel bad making some people more important or certain events more important but it has to be done. This is the only way I will find myself ever saying no. Tomorrow I am so excited to be going to dinner with friends and then to a benefit concert. This is the last Parent's Night Out Mario and I have somewhat separate plans and I am so happy about that. I haven't gotten to spend good quality time with two of my closest friends in what seems like so long so I can't wait to catch up on everything with them.

Saturday is going to be super fun! I can't wait til Saturday! My husband doesn't know it yet but Saturday morning we will wake up and decorate our Christmas tree! WAHOO! SURPRISE MARIO! haha. I can't wait to plug the lights in and see how Dalen reacts! Then I am going to see The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock at the early showing. I am going to sit in peace, alone. I can NOT wait! I have been waiting for this movie to come out forever. While I am in The Blind Side Mario is going to take Dalen to see that Planet 51 movie. I feel ok about us seeing separate things because they still get to enjoy something while I am. Then later Saturday I have to work at our agency's annual fund raiser. It's a dressy event and can I just protest that someone out there make maternity dresses for nice events!! I bought this dress off the clearance rack at TJ MAXX for $20 and it screams, "I was cheap and meant for someone NOT pregnant!" I am still trying to decipher if it looks more like a piece of spandex that got caught in a lawn mower or one of those shredded rag things that the drive thru car wash spins round and round. Trust me-pics of Saturday will come as long as you laugh with me and not at me.

This weekend is full of things I have chosen. Things that have to be done for family or work or things I want to do and it feels SO good. I can't wait to leave Tuesday for Florida and see my grandparents and cousins and rest of my family. Dalen is going to have a blast!

So just so I am not feeling alone...anyone else feel the need to join my campaign?

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Oh yes, friend... I am going to force myself to start saying NO! Although, I am glad you did not say NO to that lovely dinner last night. =)