Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Festival, Halloween & Cloudy Meatballs

Last weekend was one of the absolute BEST weekends we have had in a LOOOONG time. Thursday Mario came down with a sudden fever and severe pains in his side. Friday I took the day off to care for Dalen but luckily by noon he was feeling better. So that night we took off to his school's Fall Festival-where we had SOOOO much fun. Dalen was in the best mood and didn't have any tantrums or meltdowns-Yes, I do believe in miracles! I haven't uploaded all pics from this night yet but here are a few.
Dalen rode a horse named, Cowboy.
He literally jumped on the back of the horse with no
fear or hesitation and laughed the whole ride.

The absolute best part of the WHOLE ENTIRE night was getting to go on carriage ride just before dark. Town & Country Carriages were there giving rides. You have to understand why this was just SO great. The night Mario proposed he was supposed to take me on a carriage ride in downtown Chattanooga but because it was so cold none of the carriages were running that night! But don't worry-I still had THE best proposal EVER. Anyways-ever since that night we have wanted to do a carriage ride but just never got around to it AND they are super expensive! This ride we got to take for 4 tickets ($1)! We all three sat snuggled on a burgandy, velvet- covered carriage seat, handmade by ammish as a 9 year old horse, Flash, took us on a pretty lengthy ride all around the school's campus. What was even better is that on certain parts of the ride all you could see was acres of fall's best. The colors were AMAZING! Mario and I kept talking about how perfect this was. Who would have ever thought that 3 1/2 years later we would be a family of four! It was definitley worth the wait being able to take the ride with Dalen and Cola.

Saturday came fast and I realized that our free movie tickets I had won from 104.1 were expiring on the 31st! My parents were out of town and it was just too last minute to ask anyone to keep Dalen. So, Mario decided go see Law Abiding Citizen while me and Dalen went on a date to Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. Dalen gorged on mini Oreos the whole movie (as you can see around his mouth pictured above) and literally stood COMPLETELY still. I was shocked! But not as shocked as I was when the movie said, "hellhole". So ridiculous. My two year old has repeated this word twice and hopefully he won't say it again! Why does every kid movie have to say things that are just not appropriate for kids? Dalen finally fell asleep after deciding to finally sit down on my lap. I left right before the end to beat the rush of everone leaving and Dalen looked up at me and said, "But Mommy I was watching cloudy meatballs!!" And I responded, "But Dalen, you were sound asleep!"


Then of course that night Dalen got to be a lobster! He was super excited about dressing up and had a blast at North Cleveland's Halloween event.



Dalen and his friend Charis.

This is too cute!

Dalen and cousin Livi!

Here is Aunt Mary, Cousin Livi and Dalen going down the inflatable slide, just minutes before some little worm pulled the plug and made it collapse while Dalen was inside. He wasn't scared or crying but he was SOOOO mad! He has talked about it everyday since then and says, "Someone pulled the string (extension cord) from the doggy's butt and messed it up!" Will he ever get over it?!







1 comment:

Shaw Avenue said...

love the costume! he looked awesome!