Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bargain Babe*

Just in case you are wondering what the significant of the * by babe is- I totally know that at this point in life and current weight I am not using that word in a literal sense it just sounded good for the post.
I was so excited about Saturday morning. I snuck out of the house before Mario or Dalen woke up and ventured off to look at all of Olivia's old clothes my sister has been selling in yard sales. YAY! Don't you just love good quality clothing at great prices?! I must admit I am pretty picky about who I buy baby hand-me-downs from. There is just something about the thought that another baby has worn clothing and probably puked, drooled and possibly pooped on something that I will one day put my kid in, that totally gags me. But since it's my niece I guess I can handle the thought. I also gladly buy Hicks hand-me-downs b-c they have the cleanest house and mom EVER.
Anyways, I sorted through tons of clothing weeding out what wouldn't match up with sizes (let's pray she stays on growing schedule!). I ended up with tons of clothes and I just can't wait to get Cola's room and closet cleaned out. Friday night I happened to run into a WHOLE shelf of shoes at Wal-Mart for $1-$2-$3! WAHOO! Every single pair of these shoes were under $3. I do wish they would have had a broader selection of colors. But I guess if you can throw in a little purple with a plethora of pink you are doing well.

Here are a few outfits I scored. The brown and cream dress is super special. Last year when shopping for Olivia Mario picked this out for her on his own and now it's Cola's. I think it's super cute when he picks outfits for her. I am hoping the little red dress will fit her for Valentine's Day. It's a small.
After sorting for a while, Olivia woke up and teetered down the sidewalk. She was in such a perky mood and her hair was hilarious. Bless her heart it was all over the place and mixed with the wind it didn't stand a chance at laying down right. Here are a few pics of her this weekend.
Here she is asleep on Sunday, after lunch.

I put her hair in a pony tail to try to get it out of her eyes.

Smiley Girl.

Camera Shy.
Hilarious Hair.







No comments: