Monday, November 9, 2009

Date Me, Mommy!

After the three of us being sick, I thought I should write a nice blog on some funny and bright things that have happened recently. Of course, all the funny things are about Dalen. He knows just how to keep us laughing!

The other day an advertisement came up on Mario's computer for a new movie. It was a kids movie and the character's are green (I TOTALLY forgot the name of it). Dalen began laughing hysterically, jumped off the couch and began clapping as he screamed, "Date me, Mommy! Date me!" I didn't get it at first but then realized when we went to see "Cloudy Meatballs" I called it a date, then I realized he wanted me to take him to the movies again. I guess I am good movie date! I told him I had to check it out first-does anyone know what movie I am talking about??

Here is just a pic for entertainment. It's Dalen
at lunch Sunday being goofy.
Last night one of my parent's good friends came to North Cleveland to do a concert. Mario was off at another service and so I told Dalen we could go. He was TOTALLY out of control. It didn't help that his cousin was there-everytime he gets around her it's like waves of excitement that possess him to act ridiculously silly. He jumped for probably 15 minutes straight...with this hands raised and eyes closed, shouting HALLELUJAH! Can you tell he's being raised pentecostal?? haha
After falling the step he was standing on one too many times my Dad got a hold of him telling him to stand still. Yeah, that didn't work. The sanctuary was super cold but because he kept jumping he was literally sweating and took his jacket off. My dad asked him if he were cold and he said, "No I'm not cold!!! I'm happy!!!!! WAHOO!!!!" Yeah shortly thereafter he was taken out for spanking number one and then to class where he could be obnoxious and it not matter.
Here is Dalen before church. I loved this outfit!
After church Sunday night I pulled through Wendy's quickly. They were taking quite a while and Dalen began rolling the window up and down. I occaisonly let him do this to keep him occupied. Once we got to the window there was quite a bit of smoke coming from the french fry maker and I notice Dalen was staring intently at it and not playing with the window anymore. Then out of no where he shouted at the cashier, "You best stop that smoking, lady! Stop it! Stop it now!" WOW! Can we say mortified?! How does he even know what smoking is? It's not like people smoke in restauraunts anymore! The lady didn't find him humorous and didn't respond.
Last funny story...So I have come to realize that Clark Campbell, College and Youth Pastor (and good friend of ours), maybe isn't the best example for Dalen. He snuck and gave him cupcakes and taught him bad words. Mario went to lunch with him the other day and Dalen tagged along. Somehow Clark began talking about frogs and how they pee on your hands. Yeah, so now Dalen makes it a point to warn me frogs pee on your hands-EVERYDAY. Thanks Clark!
Here a few pics Dalen had taken a few weeks back...enjoy!




















No comments: