Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Before I dive into a Thanksgiving post, I thought I would promote Chad Madden who did family Christmas pics for the Vining Family this year. I only have two so far because mom ran into some issues e-mailing the rest.

This pic really is worth 1,000 words. Dalen's out of control and Livi
is crying from being tortured and from a lack of nap.
The Hoods
Chad did a great job taking the pics and was SUPER patient. I'll try and post the rest when they come through!
After 5 1/2 days off from work, I really have nothing to complain about. Our Thanksgiving was great! It was spent traveling, visiting with family, eating, sleeping and no I didn't shop. We traveled to my Grandparent's house in Ocala, Florida for a few days. I hadn't been to their house in ages! We typically stay with our aunt and uncle or cousins. This house is a house full of memories. Memories like being able to strip down to our underwear and run in the rain or memories like us getting paddled with what seemed like Granny's white wooden 2x4 (another post for another day). It felt so great to take Dalen there and share a place I grew to love when I was younger.
I just have to brag on Dalen. He was an amazing traveler! He was literally perfect on the way home. We had a few set backs on the way there. He learned that if he held his private and whined, "something's hurting!" we would stop. After a while of that going on it was just tough for Dalen's hurting parts. He fell asleep at about 7:00 and slept the rest of the way. We had a great time with family and just having time off to ourselves. Here are a few pics of Thanksgiving.

Dalen swinging at my Great Aunt and Uncle's.






Dalen found binoculars and these kept him SO occupied!





No comments: