Thursday, February 17, 2011

Leaders, Power, Control

The following post has nothing to do with the pictures in it, but I've learned there are no good posts without pics!

Dalen got his jersey at his 1st basketball game a few weeks ago.
He is #6!
Cola loved her birthday cake!

Her smile is totally contagious!


Post game snack!
Ok, now onto my thoughts. I've been thinking about leadership a lot lately. Leaders are everywhere, not just in the church but in the marketplace as well. Here's what I have noticed...
So many people think they are leaders because they have been entrusted with power so that they can control others...WRONG! So, so, so WRONG! I am so disheartened at seeing so many leaders abuse their placements.
As a leader you have been entrusted with influence so that you can lead! It's not about control, it's about being such a positive influence that others follow you as you lead and find themselves in positive places because of your leadership.
If God has entrusted you as a leader you probably find yourself as the "head". This may be a head pastor, head manager, head teacher of your team-where ever you are the "head" just remember you are not there to control the body. You are there to empower the PARTS of the body.
True leaders delegate. They offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. They are never intimidated when a follower surpasses their successes. They are mindful that when followers turn to leaders that have then, and only then, been truly successful.
Be a leader....not a power driven control freak.




1 comment:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I can't believe Cola is already 1! I realize I'm a little behind on this, but still wanted to state my surprise at how fast time goes by!