Friday, February 18, 2011

Universal

I don't know what kind of weather you are having but I just have mention how glorious our weather has been this week. There is no other word but glorious. It's been in the mid 70s and today finally reached 80, Mr. Sun has been FAR from shy and there has been just enough wind to keep us from breaking a sweat.

We are going on several days of no heat or air used. I think my utility bill could used to that! We had free Universal tickets from a church member and they expire in March so we decided to take advantage of this beautiful day and spend it together, outside.

My hair is so stinking long. I'm gonna have to cut it off soon!
We were standing in line for Shrek 4D and told Cola to smile...we were laughing so hard.
She is such a happy gal!

Cola was dying to get into this pool of balls. Underneath was a huge trampoline.
So fun! Look at her smile!


This was one of my fav. parts of the day. We saw the Simpsons, which we aren't allowed
to watch in our house. I really wanted the kids to get pics with as many characters as they
could and D kept yelling, "But we aren't allowed to watch them on TV!" "They say bad words!"
Guilty by association??
Ok, on one hand I'd like to report this character and another it's one of those things you just roll your eyes and move on. So the man underneath that costume decided it would be funny to scratch his butt and then chase the kids with the hand he did the scratching with. I think we all know my son does NOT need anymore ideas of this sort. He ended up scaring off half of the line of kids after chasing them.

Have I ever mentioned how much Dalen loves "Curious THE George"?
I'm not sure how well you can see our faces in this pic but every now and again I realize how much me and C look alike. This pic is one of those moments.
Dalen rode his 1st roller coaster and LOVED it! He laughed and screamed the WHOLE way! I was super proud of him. I also took him on the ET ride. It was my only request for the day, I really wanted to take D on that ride. He was a little uncertain at first but when we get to the part of the ride that's over the city and it seems like you are on a bycicle in the sky, Dalen sat straight up, his mouth wide open and looked over to the big "moon" (which was a planet in outer space to him) and yelled, "Oh my gosh! We made it to outer space! This is amazing mom! You are so awesome!" Then broke into a thunderous applause. He literally had no doubt in his mind that he had officially gone to outer space! It was a priceless moment that I will NEVER forget!
How do you and your loved ones choose to spend pretty days?







1 comment:

Abigail said...

Harper loves "George Monkey"... that's what she calls him. =) And I LOVE that you went to Universal! So glad you're doing fun stuff in the beautiful weather!