Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Life and Death

Yesterday, I receievd the news that a young teen from my church died in a car accident. I do believe that this is every parent's worst nightmare! The child you have loved, cared for, carried in your womb is gone. Gone to their eternal resting place however, you are here alone, abandoned and maybe even afraid. I hope and pray I never have to bear the grief of losing my baby. I can only imagine what pain and suffering these parents along with other parents who have lost children are feeling.

I do not in any way want to sound insensitive in sharing my thoughts about death but I do have thoughts I think might be an encouragment to someone who is going through the loss of someone they love. I think often times poeple are so spooked and afraid of death they don't dwell on the topic long enough to recieve any kind of clear explanation or understanding of death. The only explanation I can give is that DEATH IS A NATURAL AND INEVITABLE PART OF LIFE. No one is exempt from this hard and painful part of life. When death occurs our minds race questioning why and how and why God. Many times I hear people say they were so young or had so much faith in healing. I can't explain why some are delievered from sickness or bodily harm but I can state a true fact. Your faith, your age, your name, your gender, your anything does not exampt you from death. DEATH HAPPENS. At one point or another we will all take our last breath prepared or unprepared, young or old, sick or well, in great faith or in great rebellion, with calm peace or paralyzing fear we will ALL die.

I hope these thoughts and facts do not sound insensitive I only hope they can encourage a reader to make choices that will result in living on in the spirit realm after dying in the physical. For the Bible clearly states the wages of sin are death but the gift of God is eternal life. Choose life everyday in the decisions that you make so that when this natural occurance takes place your family and friends can grief, with hope.

No comments: