Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Welcome to the world Olivia Grace!


I am an aunt...again! I already have 2 nephews on Mario's side but last night my oldest sister, Meredith, gave birth to Olivia Grace Parker. As you can see, she is extrememly chubby in the face. We LOVE it. Literally when the nurse held her up at the nursery window for us to see her, her cheeks hung over the nurses hands!
On Monday, Meredith was admitted at 12:00 a.m. to be induced. I was nervous for her because you always take a chance at being induced. Of course, I was the supportive sister and didn't say anything but I was pretty concerned. That night I laid in bed until I got a text from her at 2 a.m. to read she was doing ok. The next morning she had made no progress. At this time I called Mario to let him know I was getting more concerned. I just had a strange feeling things weren't going the way we would have wanted them to go. After hours of being in labor the midwife told her she would have to have a c-section if she didn't progress a lot in the next 2 hours. Of course, we began to pray and my family gathered around to lay hands on her. After the prayer the midwife checked her one last time. She was going to have to have a c-section. I was REALLY worried for her. Meredith can get really nervous about things like that but she did INCREDIBLE! She seemed to have perfect peace and displayed such a calm demeanor about herself. Jonathan didn't leave her side pretty much all day. Soon after, she delivered an 8 lb. and one ounce chubby cheeked beauty. We are so excited about Dalen's new "rag doll". Ha Ha
Meredith is doing awesome and Jonathan is the doting dad we all expected him to be. They sure have a cutie to be proud of.


No comments: