Tuesday, October 14, 2008

50 things I have learned since I became a mother

1. Never leave home without an extra outfit....for your child AND YOURSELF!
2. Check the diaper bag before leaving and make sure you aren't forgetting essentials.
3. I can go without a lot more sleep than I ever thought.
4. Pregnancy did my body good.....until after delivery.
5. I take after my mom in the fact that I like to feel needed.
6. There is nothing that fulfills me more than being a wife and a mom.
7. My husband is not only a good husband he is a GREAT dad.
8. Babies grow and change REALLY fast.
9. Your marriage can be affected in a good way or bad way from parenthood and it's a choice how your marriage will be affected.
10. Spanking doesn't change as much as it did two decades ago.
11. My son WILL have manners and he will learn from me and my actions.
12. Temper tantrums are not attractive.
13. Wal-mart is NOT the place to go if you don't like strangers touching your kids.
14. As soon as you announce you're pregnant, somehow for some reason people automatically begin asking your questions that they feel are now their business.....about breastfeeding, about your sex life, about what type of contraceptives you were using and if your child was planned....NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
15. Breastfeeding is NOT worth my sanity.
16. I gain my weight after pregnancy not during.
17. I hate my stomach being touched....pregnant or not.
18. Stretch marks change colors with the seasons....I'm serious.
19. Diaper Genie's do not eliminate odors!
20. I am VERY impatient.
21. I am not a people person.
22. I have a VERY extreme personality and it shows with how I parent Dalen.
23. Date nights take a lot more work, require more money spent and have to take place a lot later.
24. Three is not company it's family.
25. I have what it takes to have the BIG family I have always wanted.
26. I am the silliest when it's just me and Dalen.
27. Dalen has my smile.
28. I would rather Dalen look awesome then for me to even look ok.
29. There is no such thing as a peaceful bath unless Dalen is gone.
30. I drive too fast.
31. I am a very protective person when it comes to Dalen and Mario.
32. I have great friends who love my life just as much as I do.
33. I want everyone I love to experience the things I love.
34. A penny goes a loooong way when a kid needs something.
35. My parents will NEVER be the same and Dalen can do NO wrong in their eyes.
36. Baby showers are a blessing from God.
37. Every kid should have a dog.
38. Your life in NOT over when you have a baby....it is just beginning.
39. The world isn't so safe anymore.
40. I would choose to change poopy diapers anyday rather than cleaning the house.
41. I am NOT the stay at home type of mom.
42. Labor and delivery are painful and it takes a strong mind to get through it.
43. My sisters are good aunts.
44. My church could be more family centered.
45. Loving your child doesn't mean you love anyone/anything less but your love for everything is enhanced because you are constantly seeing things through your child's eyes and it's as though you are seeing things and people for the first time all over again.
46. Cars aren't big enough for babies.
47. You can't be a Godly parent without praying daily.
48. There are no short cuts to being a good parent.
49. Diapers are so expensive b-c they know you have to buy them.
50. I love Dalen.

No comments: