Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Which came first, the chicken or the egg??

All of my faithful readers have to know about the problems Dalen has encountered with allergies and breathing. After a skin test at the allergist the results had to be confirmed with a blood test. (Not too sure why you just don't do a blood test and be done with it but I guess they want to be as annoying as possible) I got Dalen's results back today and I am extremely bothered. They say he has a pretty decent allergy to egg. Egg is in EVERYTHING! It's going to be really rough dealing with that. What bothers me the most is, these results don't explain why he has had these symptoms since he was like 3 months old! It's not egg! Maybe he does have an allergy but the symptoms that occurred beginning at 3 months are not because of egg.
I have been really frustrated with the doctors in this area. They have been extremely unprofessional and uninformative. At the end of the day, I HAVE to remember that the GREAT PHYSICIAN is my father, my God. I am giving this totally to him. If you are reading this PLEASE stop and pray for Dalen. And pray that as a parent I will be reliant on God for every need we have.
I have a strong feeling Dalen has an intolerance (not allergy) to milk. This began not long after he was getting formula and worsened the more milk he gets. I am following discernment on this and I am going to do my own little testing on him to see if it's a possibility. Please pray that God will give me a specific answer. I am praying for confirmation and a testimony for years to come.

No comments: