Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've gotta fever

Today is parent's day out. I am always rushing to get out of the door by 8:50 so I can drop Dalen off and be to work by 9 (luckily everything is about 3 blocks apart from each other). I rarely make it to work on time on Tuesdays.
Anyways, Dalen is now weighing in at a whopping 24 lbs. My back is killing me. So being the mean mom I am I decided if Dalen can walk he is going to walk. I am not going to be carrying him everywhere we go. So, I made him walk from the car to the door of Parent's Day Out. He whined pitifully the whole way and kept trying to grab a hold of my pants so that I would pick him up. I totally ignored him and keep encouraging him to walk.
We get to the door and I pick him up to make it through the door and I put him down the minute we got in. He refused to walk. So I left him sitting the middle of the floor to whine and pout. I signed him in and helped him up. Off walking we went. He purposefuly kept faling so that I would pick him up.
Out of nowhere a kid from his class (same age) comes walking by. This kid wasn't even holding his mom's hand. Literally I watched Dalen watch him and look up at me and push my hand away and he immediately took off to his class. WHAT A COPY CAT!
Hopefully he won't copy bad things. Anyways this triggered baby fever once again for me. I really want another one. Especially now that Dalen is becoming more independent. I feel like he doesn't need me as much (thank god) but now I want someone else to want me. I feel a lecture coming on when I get home....my husband reads my blog.

1 comment:

Mario Hood said...

yes..I Do, and you will!!