Tuesday, October 21, 2008

God Reliant

My previous post leads me to this one....you may want to read it first.

Proverbs 3:5-6

To be totally reliant, dependent on something you must trust that source. Lately I have been repenting for not relying on God, the source. He is our everything....if we let him be. I have always known that the only difference between a rich person and poor person is that the rich person has more options. Because of our financial situation I find myself panicking. (this is totally out of character for me) If our insurance doesn't cover tests or medications, I feel like ok we are going to be screwed because our insurance is what we rely on for our physical well being. I relied on WIC for a long time for formula for Dalen and now that we don't "qualify" "because we make too much" (don't get me started) I worry because thats been our source.
I have totally been missing it. With or without the government's help we will make it. No wonder our generation doesn't see miracles! We aren't reliant upon God for them. Our insurance covers one doctors office in this town and we have no other options....or so I thought. There is one other doctor we can go to God. He is our healer. He is our provider. In him will I trust.

Remember this....
the less reliant upon God you are, the more reliant you are upon something else. That something else can very easily turn into idolatry.

No comments: