Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Teapots

A few months back a strange thing happened to me. Everywhere I went, I would see teapots. Every magazine I would read or movie I watched contained at least one image or the word teapot. Very strange. Maybe not to you, but it was to me.
Most of my friends classify my as crazy anyway so I guess it won't hurt to share this crazy life experience with you. As time went on, teapots were far never from my sight or hearing. I got the strange intuition God was trying to tell me something. Yes, through a teapot. I know crazy...you were warned in advance. I know this is so strange but I began to pray about it. I would ask God what are you trying to show me? Are you trying to tell me something? After sometime of this, during a pivotal time in our life, God revealed to me what he was telling me.
I heard every to I'm A Little Teapot over and over. What I got from it was that we are all equipped....for one purpose TO BE USED. I'm a little teapot, short and stout, here is my handle, here is my spout. Teapots are equipping for the storing and serving of tea. They have a lid and a handle and a spout. These are useless unless they are used.
What God was trying to tell me is that even though I don't see it he has equipped me for kingdom work. I have all of the essentials but I have to shout tip me over and pour me out. I know its kind of silly but it was a very divine revelation for myself.
Before a teapot is a teapot, its a lump of clay. It doesn't become a teapot until it has visited the potter's wheel. Thats where I am. I am being pressed, molded and shaped for kingdom work. God is perfecting me for the calling he has for us.
It's painful.

No comments: