Monday, September 14, 2009

Prince Of The Potty


This weekend was great! It was very busy but I think I am getting used to the fact that life goes on...at a VERY fast pace and I better just keep up! Friday we went out to PF Chang's for my friend, Kristen's birthday. Dalen was blown away at the gigantic "hoes" (horse) outside and kept begging to visit it every few minutes. He absolutely LOVED the huge lights in the restaraunt as well.
Saturday came early and I was awankened by deafening CHOO, CHOOs!! The morning started off amazing. Dalen sat right down on the potty at his request and peed. I shouted, clapped and praised him until we were both out of breath from laughing so hard. It's such a shame that because of our lack of consistency and laziness he isn't already potty trained because he really has been ready for a long time. But, I am just glad he is doing so well now.
Saturday night we had a staff get together and shared food, laughs and football (of course)! Dalen continued to go potty all day with only one accident. YAY! Sunday, Dalen woke up asking to go potty. He didn't even need a reminder! He sat down and went #1 and 2! The highlight of pottying (I know that's probably not a word, haha) is that he gets to flush. Upon flushing he noticed his #2 in the toilet and began to laugh and shout, "Tool (cool) Mommy!" That's a boy for ya!
Now that I am working full time I feel like the day is gone before I have given it a chance to begin. I just know my beautiful baby within will be here before I know it! I experienced the temptation to change the baby's name if it is a boy. I love the name Jaden! But I keep hearing so many people naming their boys and girls that and it is NOT fun having 3 and 4 other individuals with your name in class with you! In one class at Lee I had 5 Megan's and that's not including me! It was chaotic and annoying. I find out what the baby is on the 28th so I think I will hold off on name changing until then.

No comments: