Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Side Order of Grace

I have a big imagination. People call me funny, which I am really not, I just share so much of my imagination that it appears I am. If we all opened up to the core of our thoughts (which is out imagination) we would all be hysterical!

Since about 6th grade I've wanted to write. I think about it, dream about it and even act on it. I am about 60 pages into a novel that I add to every once in a while just for fun. There is every doubt in my mind it will never hit the shelves, but at the same time its nice to see the overflow of my imagination splattered in black ink across innocent white pages.

A few years ago, I had the thought I would love to write a book called, Side Order of Grace, about how we are constantly ordering blessings from God but never quite seeking grace enough. Last night I dreamed that I did it. I wrote an amazing book that Tyndale approached me to publish...and then of course I woke up.

The cover was grayish blue with an antique white plate on the front. The plate was chipped and had nothing on it. I began to question the publishers and asked why the plate was empty? They told me to explain it to them. I thought and thought and finally responded because we can never fully grasp the full picture of grace and how it functions or the depth of its appearance.

I've thought about that dream all day long. I can't help but to wonder why I dreamt it. Maybe it was a reminder from God about his grace or maybe it was hopefulness of my imagination being played out while I slept so attentively. Not sure why it happened, but I saw it. I saw the book I so want to write! It was like seeing the possible end from the beginning. I guess I got a glimpse of how God sees things...Isaiah 46:10.

No comments: