Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Traffic Jam-North on Pue and Aisle

Is it just me or are parent's totally different now when it comes to respecting the house of God in the middle of church services? This week I attended two services at the church I grew up at for revival. Can I just say I would have walked away with A LOT more than I did if it wasn't for a million kids AND ADULTS traipsing in and out, up and down!!! Oh my gosh....so annoying and totally disrespectful!

When I was young, it wasn't an option to leave church in the middle of service to use the bathroom, let out some energy or sip at the water fountain. It made a huge difference! I used the bathroom before service and it's amazing that now being 25, I can only think back to one time I asked to go to the bathroom. The only reason I did that is because my stomach was upset.

These days, it's as if the parents leave as much or more than the kids!!! And what drives me nuts is when they walk out slowly, smiling and waving at everyone they know! Now not only have you distracted me but you have angered me by being so inconsiderate! And what's the deal with parents NOT utilizing the nursery for babies and toddlers?! There are churches and congregations that would absolutely die to have the option of placing their little one in the nursery! Don't get me wrong there have been Sundays where we let Dalen stay in church with us for P&W and then take him out and especially with being pregnant there are times (more often than not) that I have to use the bathroom but I try to not have to leave and come back in.

Last night my all-time favorite speaker preached. I remember so many of the things he said but a lot of the points he tried to make were missed because of distractions that could have easily been eliminated. Moms and Dads it's time to go back to the old school ways...no bathroom breaks, no jumping on the pues and yes, you will go into the nursery.

No comments: