Saturday, September 26, 2009

Times Of Fun

Well besides, working 40 hours a week (sometimes more), sleeping and eating life has been pretty mundane...well, as mundane as it can get with Dalen in the picture. Because I am a slacker, I still haven't posted pics of Dalen's 2 year old birthday party that happened last Saturday. We now have a two year old! Here are a few funny things Dalen has done lately...

He hasn't grasped the fact that he's JUST 2 now. When you ask him how old he is he says, "one, two". Can you imagine when someone asks his age at 80?!

Today I woke up swatting at my nose only to find Dalen standing nose to nose with me, smiling from ear to ear. When I asked him what he wanted he held my cell phone up (which he had finagled off the charger) and demanded, "Tall (call) Papa...NOW!" I later found out he had snuck out of the family room and came to wake me from my nap.

Last night, Dalen was dropped off at Parent's Night Out and we were called an hour later saying he hadn't stopped crying yet. Of course I went to pick him up. When I sat him down and asked him what was wrong he looked at me confused, threw his hands in the air and said, "Mommy! You said you was tomin (coming) soon!" I guess "soon" wasn't soon enough.

A few mornings ago I was showering for work and Dalen barged in the bathroom (what's new) saying I want to watch shardoons (cartoons). I told a little white lie which informed him he couldn't watch them yet because all cartoon character were still sleeping. He then peeked his head in the curtain, appalled and said, "No Mommy! ON DEMAND!" Let's just say his cartoon time needs to be cut in half.

Life is far from boring! Monday we find out if baby Hood within is a prince or princess. I'll keep you all updated!

No comments: