Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chatty

I was planning on adding some really hilarious videos to this blog, but for some reason my blog will never let me send them directly from my phone. Anyone that can help me....please do!

Just for the sake of any new readers, Dalen gets what is called a Toddler Tattler every time he goes to school. This paper lets us know what kind of mood he was in, his behavior, how he did using the potty and any additional comments from his teacher. The last few T.T.s we have gotten have had "chatty" circled on them. This is the PERFECT word to describe Dalen.

If Dalen isn't ask the same question over and over and then asking why he is singing, making beats with his mouth or just randomly screaming (most of the time for no apparent reason). For a two year old he has a great vocabulary and pronounces things pretty well but there are some things he says that are just hilarious and can only be deciphered by Mario or me.

Here are a few things he has said to us lately. Monday night I let Dalen take a bath with me. I let him get in 1st and then as I was getting in he stood up an pushed my stomach as hard as he could. I have to admit I was furious! When I asked him why he pushed me he said, "Just you Mommy! Not Toda (Cola)!" I got in the tub and began to explain to him very sternly that Cola will be going EVERYWHERE with me for a long, long time and there was just no way to leave her out. He looked as though he were going to cry and then punched the water. I told my sister this and she said it sounds like some hard times are ahead. I couldn't agree more.

Last night after picking him up from school I was talking to him about something and Mario added a few comments and out of nowhere Dalen shouted, "Hush, Mah-yo! Mommy was talking to me! To me!" Where is this coming from!!?? Someone please tell me I am a normal mom! Please tell me your kids talk to you like this on occasion!

Dalen stayed with my parents on Saturday and part of the day on Sunday. It was such a great break. My mom makes killer chili! It is homemade and soooo good. I guess they thought Dalen was ready to stomach that....WRONG! He had the worst gas and diarrhea ever! UGH! When calling my dad to say goodnight he told my dad, "Mom Moms chili makes my butt stinky!" Yes, I couldn't agree with that more either.

I wish I could post some videos of him singing and talking lately. Hopefully sometime soon I will figure this mobile upload thing out!

No comments: