Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

I can't remember if mentioned Dalen auditioned for our church Easter production. He has been practicing twice a week for about a month now. He has absolutely LOVED the entire process of preparing for the play, not to mention performing in front of hundreds three times on Sunday.

Because he had worked so hard you can only imagine how upset we were when Friday night he came down with a 24 hour bug or food poisoning. We still aren't sure which but I do know it only lasted 24 hours and by Sunday he was good to go but very tired. He told me many times while throwing up "Mom, I am totally not missing my play!" What a trooper! Any mom knows how horribly painful is to watch you child puke and heave. You just have to let it run it's course.

Sunday was so chaotic and tiresome I didn't get one single picture of C in her Easter dress, which was hot pink and so cute on her. Oh well, we made it through the day that's what matters.


This is Cola out to dinner! She was turned completely around smiling at other tables.


We later went to Celebration and did some Gator watching. We spotted one!


This is Dalen waiting to go on stage. He got to wear comfy pajamas and a hospital robe since he played a sick boy!


I just ordered two more books. No, I still haven't found my Shauna Neiquist book. One that I ordered is Love Wins by Rob Bell. Can someone give me feedback on this read? Why is everyone saying it's so controversial??


Has anyone heard Lady Gaga's new Judas song? I won't comment...look up the lyrics if you haven't heard it.


Also, how about all this hoop-lah about the royal wedding!? I mean seriously! I feel like I have heard about it for a year now! Say I do already!




1 comment:

Rebekah George said...

the book love wins is one that daron and I got a while ago and read.. It was, in our opinion, completely un-Biblical. He alludes alot to the thought that all people will end up in Heaven some day, and does not seem to want to give straight forward answers to anything. It really made me sad because I love Rob Bell... please blog about your thoughts after you read it! I had (and still have) so many that I want to burst! haha