Friday, April 1, 2011

The one time hoarding is ok

When I find good friends, I keep them. It's the one time hoarding is ok. After keeping them they are no longer good, they are great. Not because I kept them but because they stayed. They aren't who they were when we first met they are like fine wine that has sat, fermented and now ready to add great flavor and sweetness to someone's life. Man alone is creation at it's worst but man united by friendship is creation at it's greatest. I want to be the greatest. God had a plan when expressed the aloneness of man was not good. So he made partnership so we could be great. However, we have fenced our lives with a deep, dark abyss of stinging aloneness. Who will attempt the darkness of those waters so deep? Only the courageous, brave and determined-only the ones wanting to partner in God's plan for unity. Many times in order to be a part in the life of someone else it takes us braving that scarry abyss. You will make it across. You won't walk it, you won't swim it but you will have a moment like Peter and walk on that water and it becomes a rock solid foundation. The foundation to relational unity is solid because Christ is at it's core. This week I miss my friends. I couldn't remember that name of that road-was it 414, 434, 436 or 417? Yes, there are THAT many roads with a 4 in them. It was a day where Falmouth road sounded perfect because it's unforgettable. So I reached, literally reached, for my phone to call A (my super organized, detail oriented, really specific friend) and ask what that road was called. Then I realized, she isn't here and wouldn't know. Then there were those two days of being a shut in due to horrible storms and wanting to call C for a playdate with her two great kids. But they too are so far away. And of course my other friend A who is single, childless and laughs at my jokes...well she was 1/2 way around the world on a trip for work and literally the thought of her physical distance made me sick. I guess, I just want to thank anyone who has ever came to visit my island. The island of Megan that is surrounded by a pretty scarry and dark abyss of "leave me alone, I'd rather not be bothered". I am now seeing it took great faith and the hand of God to allow you to walk on water and land straight on the deepest part of my heart. You are all a part of my heart and because of each of you my heart is fuller.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Did you get to the part in Bittersweet where she talks about her "homebase" people??? If not, hopefully you can find your book to read (ha)... and if so, I'm glad you are part of my "homebase". =) luv u.

Abigail said...

oops. maybe it's home team? not homebase... I don't remember.