Monday, April 11, 2011

Shortbread and Violins

I'm sitting in a new tea room I found close to our house. I'm still trying to figure out what's best, the shortbread cookies or the Swiss flavored European drinking chocolate. I have a lot on my mind tonight; where will we move, what will I speak on tomorrow to our youth, the pain in my neck and back and a few friends who have shared some major disappointments with me. I have a new chiropractor. Today was my first visit. I had tests, x-rays and an exam. Though my visit was pretty serious, due to very severe pain (again!) all I could think about was my single friend who would look SO SUPER cute with the doctor who was only 25. Anyways, they concluded my neck is that of a 50 years olds with a completely reversed curvature. Exactly how I planned to start my Monday! We will go over treatment plans on Friday and what my insurance will cover. My lower back is not in any better condition. I just finished Heaven Is For Real (it will be mailed this week, A!) and the one thing the little boy who went to Heaven harped on, is that Jesus loves the children. Of course, we know the common theme in the gospel is Christ's love for us all but then there are those hints he has an extra soft spot towards the little ones. This touches me. For now, my kids are kind of like his extra favorites?? If we are "like Christ" why is that it is hardest to secure consistent help in the children's ministry? I mean, really, think about that. I'm not being sarcastic but if we are really like him, why is it a begging match to secure help in the nursery? Something to think about. I don't have much more than that. Kind of light for now....