Sunday, September 18, 2011

FOUR!

Tomorrow Dalen turns four! Every time you hear a mom talk about her child's birthday you hear things like I can't believe he/she was born X years ago or my little boy/girl is growing up (with a tear in their eye). I really try not to grieve the aging of my kids. I am happy they are healthy and growing, learning and listening and going to school where Dalen loves being with other students.

Of course the older they get the less cute they are and more handsome they become and less innocent they are and more guilty you find them but I believe so much in the future of my kids that I get excited to see it getting closer. Of course, I will miss Dalen asking curious questions in his pure innocence or struggling to say certain words but I like moving forward not grieving the passing of yesterday.


We celebrated Dalen's b-day at Chuck E Cheese. Umm, someone remind me to never do that again on a Saturday afternoon! YIKES! There were times I just wasn't sure if we were at the zoo, juvenile detention center or circus! When I first arrived I looked around and saw several parents sitting at tables drinking beer and I thought why in the world would they serve beer at a children's play place?? Just spend two hours there....you will TOTALLY know why! Everytime the noise would surpass the level of believable I would look at one of the adults and say ANOTHER ROUND PLEASE! lol


Anyways, the kids had a blast, I wasn't responsible for any set up or clean up, the kids were well fed and entertained and they each got to take things home after exchanging their tickets for prizes. After a few kids tried to jump over the wall hiding Chuck E and begin punching him calling him stupid and big nose I was just about to phone Dr. Phil to psychoanalize the setting. I mean really?? Big nose? Stupid? Its a robotic rat! Give the machine a break!


I am proud to say Dalen and all of his party guests were terrific! They made me very proud! Happy Birthday Dalen!

No comments: