Friday, October 7, 2011

Cleansed...not quite


I am on Day 3 of my Complaining Cleanse. Somehow I am left to believe I have quite a ways to go until I am "cleansed". Wednesday we left for Ft. Myers (all four of us) in a rented Corolla (smaller than our Camry) and headed to Next Level Church where Mario spoke for the youth group. It was only about a three hour drive south. Not bad at all, huh?

I made a choice to put Cola in a diaper on the way because we didn't want to stop every 20 minutes for her to potty and she went crazy. I guess that's a good thing because she is totally taking this potty training thing to the level of perfection! I am so proud of her!

Anyways, she hadn't napped all day and would NOT fall asleep, neither would Dalen. I noticed a total of 5 billboards along the way advertising for Vasectomys. I am pretty darn convinced that's one of the most brilliant marketing strategies yet! Just put a family of 4 in a car waaaay too small with two children who haven't and won't nap and viola you will have patients stopping in everyday!

Anyways, the church was great and the team we met we amazing hosts. They all worked together so gracefully and flawlessly. After several days of no accidents Cola had one that night. It was disappointing to start the count over again but she is doing so well who can complain...NOT me!

On the way home we stopped by the beach and for lunch. We hadn't planned to do it but I am so glad we did. We caught Cola scooping up sand and eating it out of a shell and Dalen made huge balls of wet sand to peg at the birds. All the resting folks we quite entertained and I am sure annoyed. The kids let out some energy and slept most of the way home.

I am starting to realize I am slower to speak (you can ALL thank me later) when I am trying to eliminate complaining. I think more about what I am about to say before I say instead of having to deal with guilt after. It's still coming more natural to comlain rather than thank and I will be happy when that is the other way around!





No comments: