Monday, October 17, 2011

My love

Ok this blog will be totally confusing if you don't know my sense of humor or my personality. It's not a blog where I am complaining but taking something super bothersome and voicing it with my sarcastic humor. Those who know me will be able to hear my tone and see my expressions, those who don't will be annoyed and confused. Anyways...

Have I mentioned Pinterest is my new love? My addiction? It has taken Facebook's place but don't worry I won't let it take my blog's place ;)

I am starting to realize how MUCH FB has changed our world, our society. Everything you do has the DNA of FB running through it's veins and I am not so sure I like it! I'm sorry but I have two kids that want to follow me to the bathroom the last thing I wanted was 100 people following me as I like crafts and recipes and fashion ideas.

I just feel like everything we do virtually has turned into some psychostalker Lifetime special. I can't even search anything on Google without ads pertaining to those searches coming up on my sidebar of FB. It's annoying. I feel like all perameters of privacy and personal space have been invaded by people I don't, or better yet can't know b-c its programmed by a darn machine.

Just when I was really liking Pinterest I started seeing invites to follow pinboards and likes on my boards and I got that super strange feeling I am sure people get when they date someone on E Harmony and think the person is totally good looking but when they FINALLY go on that official first date they realize they are the biggest dweeb ever. At least I imagine it feels the same?? Ha!

I'm not sure if it's my personality or the stage of mothering I am in that just makes me feel a little closterphobic at times. I am being followed on FB, Pinterest, my blog, twitter and in real life by my kids. It's just getting a little much for me. Anyone agree? Or think I am totally ridiculous? Or maybe my next cleanse needs to be a few forms of social networking?

No comments: