Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dalen's Day



Today was my parent co-op day with Dalen's school. I love going into his classroom and seeing him in a classroom setting and how he interacts with others and works on things that we don't typically work on at home. It's really entertaining. This week was a great week to go considering they have done something called Pilgrim week. They have made everything from indian jewlery to pilgrim snacks. These days also give me plenty of funny stories.

So I finally get to meet the infamous W, who stole Dalen's first girlfriend L. One day Dalen and W are best friends and the next they are not so friendly. W REALLY clung close to me....so close I had to give him a friendly "could ya scoot back a tad kid??" Here is how our first conversation went.

W: Hey my name is Wee-Wum
Me: Oh, hey William.
W: What's her name?
Me: Cola
W: Coe-wah?
Me: yes
W: Who picked that name?
Me: me
W: oh, yoooow weiwd.
thought: possibly.

I got to get to know Dalen's new girlfriend, Sofia. She is super cute and sweet. She did agree that she was in fact Dalen's girlfriend.

One of Dalen's teachers is older. Probably in her mid 60s. Who knows how she keeps up with 20 toddlers! You can tell she is a total busy bee. She helped the kids do crafts without ever looking up. It was hilarious! She kept calling all of the kids the wrong names. I guess she didn't know their voices as well as she thought. At one point one kid told me he peed in his refrigerator at home and I didn't hold back and let him know that was disgusting. Without looking up she said umm Dalen let's not talk about things that would make an adults stomach turn and Dalen said but Mrs. K...(I'm sure he was going to let her know it wasn't him who told the story) and she totally cut him off and said let move on now. She did this like three times to different kids. I think they gave up trying to correct her.

Another kid had to let me know after I sat down on the rug for circle time that he finds snot on it all the time. WAHOO!

It really is amazing how much these little kids know and retain. It blows my mind! This co-op day was a really good day and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

No comments: