Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Grander Scheme...



I just bought some RED lipstick. It was too hot not to share. This is probably my most favorite picture of Cola yet. This chica loves her some new panties, lip gloss and nail polish. While it's super cute now, I think it will be super expensive later. All in all I love having me a girl's girl!

This is totally not the point of this blog but...I've mentioned a million times how much I LOVE blogs! Recently, I have been so inspired by what I have read. Of course, there is my close friend who is blogging about her journey to Cambodia as a missionary, then there's another high school friend who is adopting a precious girl from Ethiopia and I just read about another young woman who I never knew well but attended college with, will be moving to Australia. Wow. I have a close friend who just got engaged and will become an aunt to twins early next year, another friend who just landed a great new job, my sister who went back to school and is making straight As (wahoo!), my mom just attended a wedding which is a lifetime of new beginnings for two young people.

Newness.

It's all around me.

So many people are taking the plunge into new places, new jobs, saying I Do, changing the life of babies and the world. I am surrounded by greatness! Great people, great things.

I love that being surrounded by great people makes you ask yourself what's the greatest things I'm doing in my life right now. It makes you want to strive to do something, anything other than the status quo.

But to be honest am I doing enough? Maybe this is Seasonal Depression Disorder (ha!) talking or maybe I'm not alone. But, really what's the most daring and greatest thing I've done lately.

Hmm, well I did just score that hot new red lipstick for ninety-three cents and I shared it with my daughter. That should count for something, shouldn't it??

If you talk to any of these people it's so humbling to hear them share about their life because they talk about moving around the world or adopting that baby from so far away or scoring that A+ is just so darn simple. About as simple as trying that new lipstick. There are those anxieties and fears present but all in all they just go with what is right.

I'm not sure if I have anyone looking at my ever so simple life and becoming inspired but I'd love to spice my life up a little. Do something crazy, daring, changing for someone else's better. I'm wondering what that thing may be and I'm not sure yet but maybe I'll explore and little find the right thing for me. The thing that will keep me going, not on fumes but on excitement and purpose.

Any suggestions??

No comments: